I offer individualised, thorough research support for theatre productions, projects, education outreach and beyond. I can work with you to:
- organise research questions and strategies for your project and design a workflow structure to bring the project to fruition.
- provide research support for building dramaturgy portfolios, cases for grant applications and arts educational outreach programmes and events
- guidance and writing support for integrating academic scholarship on important topics in theatre to wider public audiences
I have significant experience as a copy-editor, proof-reader and fact-checker for academic writing and newspaper journalism, and as Guest Editor for Research in Drama Education supported authors through the revision processes pre- and post-peer review.
To set up an initial free consultation, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Research and Development
Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, 2015
- Consulting editor and dramaturg for the Artistic Director’s scholastic essay and lecture series about hidden Jewish cultural history as it is represented in Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice. I collaborated with the artistic director on structuring his ideas, and guided his writing style and voice. I assisted in historical research and created a calendared project outline. My guidance helped the artistic director to narrow his focus, strengthen his argument, and gain momentum on the project
Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles, 2015
- Demographic research and cultural history research on the Los Angeles region Boyle Heights for a successful grant proposal for an ongoing multi-year community outreach programme with local Boyle Heights organisations, schools and libraries
Punk Rock dir. Michael Howcrowft, University of West London, London College of Music, 2016
- Facilitated discussion with the director to help him work through the text, develop his directorial vision, and create discussion topics for the module based on themes in the playtext
- Led three workshops for student-actors on dramaturgy and integrating critical theory and thinking into the acting process
Twistov, dir. Sophie Austin, Teatro Vivo/Dash Arts partnership, 2016
- Provided script feedback throughout the rehearsal and outreach workshop processes, helped to facilitate discussion about the devised material
Bent, dir. Moises Kaufman, Center Theatre Group Los Angeles, 2015
- Designed, created, and curated a dramaturgical portfolio in a blog format for the entire creative and production team for the 2015 revival of Bent at the Mark Taper Forum. This blog portfolio included mixed media – photos, quotes, images, music – that provides texture, factual and emotional historical context as a point of entry for the actors and designers.
- Proof-reading for Bridget Escolme’s forthcoming manuscript, Shakespeare and Costume in Practice (London: Palgrave, 2020), including entry into Springer Nature e-manuscript software
- ‘Teaching Shakespeare: Digital Processes’, Research in Drama Education